The University of Maryland UAS Test Site is accepting applications for 5 internship positions for Summer 2019. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis; apply before March 15 for best consideration.
Four application parts are required, to Sara Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- a resume
- a short description of the intended project
- an endorsement (letter, email, etc) from an academic mentor who will advise on the project
- a proposed budget
- these PAID full-time positions are located in southern Maryland at our 12,000 sq ft research hangar at St. Mary’s County Airport, just a few miles from Naval Air Station Patuxent River
- Positions may be continued part-time into academic year at home institution
- Cooperative (read: affordable) housing is available approx. 20 minutes away at St. Mary’s College of Maryland (on the water!)
- project must fly (or try!) by the end of the summer; we are a flight test site!
- interns must be US citizens or permanent residents due to ITAR equipment in use
UMD is extending eligibility to students from UMD College Park, any other USM institution, Southern Maryland Higher Education Center, St .Mary’s College of Maryland and College of Southern Maryland.