Planning efforts are underway for our 8th annual STEM-ING event to be held Saturday, 25 April 2020 on the St. Mary’s College of Maryland campus in St. Mary’s, MD! This one-day STEM-ING event is designed for middle school girls in the tri-county region to gain exposure to the STEM fields and careers. Throughout the day, the young ladies will hear from positive role models in the STEM industry and academia and will have an opportunity to choose from over a dozen fun, interactive, and challenging STEM related workshops. Our workshops are focused on introducing the girls to STEM concepts in hands-on, engaging, and practical ways.
We need YOU to make this one-day event a success! If you are interested in volunteering, please see the committee descriptions below where we need help and register via Eventbrite <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-stem-ing-volunteer-registration-tickets-86318176991>. When registering, be sure to indicate which committee you would like to volunteer with. We also welcome High School volunteers, but ask that they register as a Workshop Assistant or with Facilities.
- Workshop Leads: Effectively lead interesting workshops that diversely cover multiple areas of STEM. Pre-coordinate with Core Team.
- Workshop Assistants: Assist workshop lead with interesting workshops that diversely cover multiple areas of STEM. High School Volunteers are welcome.
- Facilities: Ensure the safety, flow, and structure of the event. High School Volunteers are welcome.
- Registration and Evaluation: Ensure easy, efficient, and accurate registration of participants. Ensure collection and reporting of relevant and accurate post-event data to verify effectiveness of STEM event for target audience and to improve operations for subsequent years.
- Other: Pre-coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator.
As a heads up, we will hold a Volunteer Training Night prior to the event on Thursday, 23 April. More information will be provided in a separate email as we get closer to the date.
We look forward to partnering with you to inspire more young women towards careers in the STEM workforce. Thank you for your dedication to STEM and the local community!
For more information about STEM-ING and our workshops, please visit us at www.STEM-ING.org.
Please feel free to forward this email on to anyone you think may be interested in volunteering!